8 lut 2013

Okay, now something different. I meant in different language ;)



Recently, I’ve been thinking about all these people who can’t accept themselves. And since then I’ve been wondering.. why? Why is it so hard to stand in front of a mirror and say “This is me. I was born as this person I’m seeing in this mirror now. This is who I am. I love myself”? Life’s so much easier when we don’t fight with ourselves (which is obvious). Then I’m asking again – why some people can’t accept themselves? Is it that they don’t want to try? Or it’s just like they say ‘It won’t work’ before they even start trying? I know how they feel and what’s in their minds cos I was one of them before. And I’m pretty sure they know exactly that it’s wrong, that they hurt no one but only themselves and that living when you don’t like yourself is so damn hard. And because they know all this stuff, they should do something - immediately. Saying “I’m ugly, I’m fat, my smile’s awful, my ears’re too big, my nose’s the worst thing ever” and stuff like that won’t help anybody who wants to be accepted by himself. Why is it so easy for people to notice their defects and so hard to notice their assets? Everyone’s beautiful. Yes – everyone. Now I literally can hear these voices saying “That’s bullshit! Don’t try to make people believe in this shit cos you’re pretty and it’s easy for you to speak about self-acceptance”. Actually – yes, I am pretty. Wanna know why I can admit it so easy? Fine. The reason is that I’ve done my best to accept myself. I’ve been working as hard as I could and I've put much effort to achieve my aim which was to stop hating myself. It was a long and exhausting “journey” and no one helped me. I had to do it all by myself which was even harder. But I've finally made it. Which proves that everything’s possible if only we want. I know so many people who have no reason to hate themselves but they do. Really – they have NO reason cos they have two legs, two arms, two eyes, two ears, all teeth, all fingers, hair, eyebrows, eyelashes, health and so one. Also they can walk, jump, smile, talk, see, hold things in their hands, be independent etc. Isn’t that enough to be grateful for and to love yourself because of that? Cos for me that’s even too much. Some of us just forget that not everyone’s blessed with the things we have. Even those simple things like two legs. I think I know where this problem with self-acceptance comes from. It’s all because we always compare ourselves to others. We do it all the time. Well, actually you do cos I don’t. I know we live in the times where appearance’s the most important but where’s your individuality? Why do so many people want so bad to look like someone else? You are you, someone else's someone else, you’re two different people, you won’t be the same person – never. So be yourself and accept who you are and how you look. Don’t you see you’re special? No one looks like you, no one has your voice, no one smiles like you, no one laughs the way you do, no one has you hair, no one has your eyes, no one has your dimples (this is to the ones who have them), no one acts like you, no one thinks exactly the same way as you do.. and so one. What else do you want? If it’s so easy for you to compare yourself to these so-called “better ones”, then why won’t you compare yourself to these so-called “worse ones”? (To make some things clear – I don’t approve of this kind of “human division”, although I wanted to show two opposite sides). See? It’s not the same cos you obviously don’t think about the ones who’ll give everything to have what you have. I’m not judging you (or anyone else). I'm just saying what I think cos I was acting the same way before I changed. The truth is that we’re all equall. Yes, we are. No matter how we look, no matter who we are (I’m not saying about all the people who hurt anyone like physically or something cos for me they don’t deserve to be called humans), no matter what we have and no matter where we live. The point's that some of us appreciate all these little things we have even if we deserve more and the rest is just a bunch of complainers who have lots of things and still want more (and obviously don’t appreciate any of it, no matter how much they get).

So what’s your opinion now? Still gonna be like “I hate my life and myself! I’m the ugliest person in the world and I can’t accept myself!” or like “So many people would give everything to live my life, to have what I have and to look like me. How could I even say that I’m not happy when I’m blessed with all these things I have? How could I complain when I’m healthy?”. Well, it’s all up to you, I just said what I think.

I wish all of you to believe in yourselves and realize how special you really are. Stop fighting with who you are and how you look cos these two things make you - you. And this, my friends, is the point of being special in your own unique way.


Trochę inaczej było tym razem, ale napisałam to wszystko pod natchnieniem, a jakoś lepiej mi wyrażać się w języku angielskim.



Do następnego!

Brak komentarzy:

Prześlij komentarz